Friday, May 28, 2010

Popping the Question - Sushi - and Vomit?

Dave and I have been living together, or living in sin as my aunt likes to call it (kidding of course) for a while now. You'd think that being in close quarters you would know when something is up...you know...like that your boyfriend was planning to propose or that he drove 2 hours up to ask for your parents permission. I guess my female intuition isn't as sharp as I thought because I literally had no idea. Like, zero. Not that I didn't think it would happen, I just didn't think it would happen when it did.

So on a balmy night in April, Davey suggested we go to robongi, our favorite sushi place, for dinner. Normal. So we get there and we grab a bottle of white wine, because it's BYOB and sit down outside. Normal. Order our food. Normal. Then I notice that Dave looks like he's either seen the lochness monster or he's about to vomit on the table. He was PALE. I asked if he was okay... and he said yeah and snapped out of it and we talked and had a regular dinner etc. So then we started to walk towards home but were passing by Whiskey Bar on the way home, which is where we met but also where we always went for drinks... so as we're walking he says, hey wanna go to WB for a digestion drink?? Normal. So I'm like sure! So we go in... order one drink and then Dave asks if I want to head outside, where PJ, who was the manager of the bar and a friend was smoking a cigarette. I guess Dave figured once he was done he would go inside, but he didn't... he just kept talking and talking and he finally went in so I figured we would too but then Dave put his fat wrists around me from behind... (fat wrists is a joke, not mean!) and started saying how much he loved me blah blah which I also thought was normal because he's just sweet like that all the time!!! So I was like aww I love you too and then like, in a flash he was in font of me and really whatever he said after that is totally mush in my head because all I was thinking was omg. omg. omg. not normal that he's like 3 feet shorter then me all the sudden. I didn't have heels on!!! So he popped the big question and I was shocked and kept asking if he was kidding and started crying right off the bat obviously saying yes...after I realized it was for real and I prob shouldn't keep him on the ground this long..oops. haha. Soooo HOORAYYYY!!! Next thing I know there are like 5 heads peeking around the corner (bartenders and bouncers of WB) and everyones like yayyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!! And then the bouncer tells us that he thought Dave was puking because he was confused to why he was kneeling on the ground hahahaha. Ahhh man what a fun night. I couldnt stop crying which is weird because I didn't think I was one of those engagement criers... apparently I am. Best night everrrrrrrrrr. Our cats were happy. And then we put it up on facebook when we got home. Haha. The End.

Oh wait no not the end. Apparently - Dave drove up a few weeks before to talk to my parents which I never knew!!!! And no one in my family wanted to take my calls because they were scared of spilling the beans. I call home like... A lot... so my feelings were hurt haha. I guess it was for the best. Mom- you have a big mouth. xo!

No comments:

Post a Comment